Migrating Files from OneDrive to Edge Drive
Use the Migration to Edge Drive tool to migrate files from your OneDrive accounts to your Edge Drive. You can migrate any type of file that you can download from OneDrive.
Migration to Edge Drive is a standalone tool that you install on any Windows client computer.
Before You Begin
Before you use the Migration to Edge Drive tool, review the following requirements:
- You must be able to access your Edge Drive from the Web Console or from other Edge Drive enabled devices. Obtain the server name and access credentials from your administrator.
- Verify that the Windows client computer where you plan to install the tool can connect to the Web Server computer remotely.
- Register a new application for your OneDrive account.
- To register for personal OneDrive accounts, see Registering the Application for Microsoft OneDrive.
- To register for OneDrive for Business, see Registering the Application for Microsoft OneDrive for Business.
Note: To migrate multiple OneDrive accounts, you will register the application for one account, and use the same application ID to migrate other OneDrive accounts. You cannot use the application ID of your personal OneDrive account to migrate data from work or school OneDrive accounts, and vice versa.
- Download the MigrateToEdgeTool.exe from the Commvault Store. For instructions, see Downloading Items from Commvault Store.
- On your computer, go to the download location, and then double-click MigrateToEdgeTool.exe.
The application extracts the files to a migratetoedgetool folder.
- Open the migratetoedgetool folder, and then double-click MigrateToEdge.exe.
The Migration Assistant tool is displayed.
- In the drop-down box, select OneDrive, and then click Next.
- To access your Edge Drive, on the Web Sign In page, enter the following credentials, and then click Next.
- In the Web Server Name box, type the name of the Web Server that your Edge Drive uses.
- In the Username box, type your Edge Drive user name.
- In the Password box, type the password for your Edge Drive user account.
- To access your OneDrive account, on the OneDrive Migration page, enter the following details, and then click Next.
- In the Application ID box, type the application ID for your OneDrive account.
- Optional: If you have a OneDrive work or school account, complete the following steps:
- Select the Work or School Account check box.
- In the Application Secret box, enter the key value that you generate when registering the OneDrive application.
- In the Redirect URL box, enter the Sign-on or Home Page URL of your OneDrive application.
- In the User Account box, enter the OneDrive user account name for which you want to migrate the data. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the summary page, click Migrate.
The OneDrive application page requesting access to your account is displayed in your web browser.
- Sign in to your OneDrive account, and then click Yes to allow the Web Server access your OneDrive account.
- After the migration is complete, click Finish.