Configure Events Organizer for End Users
The Events Organizer is a web-based application for creating and managing corporate events such as conferences, seminars, or exhibitions. You can also generate reports for tracking and monitoring events and surveys. Users can access Events Organizer from the Web Console after they are assigned the Events Organizer permission from the CommCell Console.
Before You Begin
- To give Active Directory users access to Events Organizer, complete the following prerequisite steps:
- Deploy the Web Console software in your CommCell environment. See Web Console: Overview.
- Add an Active Directory (AD) domain controller to your CommCell environment. See Adding a Domain Controller for Active Directory.
- Add an external group to the AD domain controller. See Adding an External Group.
- Create a role with the Events Organizer permission (see Creating a Role), or add the Events Organizer permission to an existing role (see Editing a Role).
Tip: To ensure that all users are able respond to event requests made with Events Organizer, create a separate role with the Events Organizer permission and associate it to an group that contains all applicable users. For example, create a new external group with the Domain Users AD group and associate the Events Organizer permission by completing the steps in the following procedure.
- To send emails to event participants, you must have configured an email server in the CommCell Console. See E-Mail Server Configuration.
Note: After you configure an email server, you must restart the Tomcat service and Internet Information Services (IIS) on the Web Server computer.
- If you want event organizers to be able to select users and groups belonging to a different AD domain controller or CommCell user group, then you must also assign the organizers the View permission associated with the AD domain controller, CommCell users, or CommCell groups you would like them to see.
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Proceed as follows:
Choice Steps To configure AD users:
- In the CommCell Browser, expand Security > Domains.
- Expand the domain that you want to configure, and then click External Groups.
- Right-click the external group name you want to configure, and then click Properties.
To configure CommCell user groups
- In the CommCell Browser, expand Security > CommCell User Groups.
- Right-click the CommCell user group name you want to configure, and then click Properties.
- Click the Associated Entities tab, and then click Add.
- In the Add Association dialog box:
- Under Entities, select the CommCell checkbox.
- Under Role, select a role with the Events Organizer permission.
- In the permissions list, ensure the All Permissions > Global > Events Organizer checkboxes are selected, and then click OK.
Users in the configured group can access Events Organizer after they log in to the Web Console.