Configuring Firewall on a Cluster Group Client
When you configure the firewall in a clustered environment, the cluster group client and the physical nodes must be configured to reach the CommServe host and MediaAgents across the firewall.
Note: The cluster group client represents the virtual client in the CommCell into which the cluster's physical nodes are collected. The cluster group client may have all the physical nodes of the cluster, or only some of them. You can see which physical nodes are in a cluster group client by checking the cluster group client's Advanced Client Properties > Cluster Group Configuration > Nodes dialog box. See Cluster Configuration - Overview for more information about clustering.
Use these steps to configure the firewall settings for the cluster:
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers, then right-click the cluster_group_client > Properties.
- Click Network.
- On the Firewall Configuration tab, select Configure Firewall Settings.
- Configure the firewall settings required by selecting options as described in Firewall: Overview.
- Repeat the above steps on each physical node in the cluster group client.
Note: If all the nodes (physical and cluster group client) within the cluster have the same firewall configuration, you can create a client group and add the nodes to it, then configure the firewall settings on the group, rather than on each physical node.
- Under Client Computers, right-click each physical node in the cluster, then click All Tasks > Push Firewall Configuration.