Configuring the CommServe Computer for Proxy Connections
You must configure the CommServe computer to receive communications from the client through the Commvault proxy.
During the firewall configuration, you will perform the following configurations:
- Set incoming connections from the proxy as Blocked.
- Set an outgoing route from the CommServe computer to the client.
- Remote Group/Client: client or client group
- Route type: Via Proxy
- Set an outgoing route from the CommServe computer to the Commvault proxy.
- Remote Group/Client: Commvault proxy
- Route type: Direct
Before You Begin
You must configure the proxy connections on the client. For instructions, see Configuring the Client for Proxy Connections.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe node, and then click Properties.
- On the Firewall Configuration tab, click the Outgoing Routes tab.
- Click Add to create an outgoing connection route from the CommServe computer to the client through the Commvault proxy.
- From the Remote Group/Client list, select the client, and under Route Type, select Via Proxy.
- From the Remote Proxy list, select the Commvault proxy, and then click OK.
- Confirm that the Outgoing Routes tab shows two routes:
- The route from CommServe to the proxy
- The route from CommServe to the client through the proxy
When two computers are communicating with each other through a proxy, two routes need to be configured in each computer’s Firewall preferences:
- A route to describe the connectivity from the computer being configured to the proxy.
- A route to describe the connectivity from the computer being configured to the remote computer via the proxy.
- Click OK to close the CommCell Properties dialog box.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe node, then point to All Tasks, then click Push Firewall Configuration.
- Read the warning and then click Continue.
- Click OK to close the firewall push notification. Check the Event Viewer window to confirm that your firewall configuration was pushed successfully.