Restricting or Blocking Connections
The Commvault firewall controls incoming connections to a client from clients or client groups by restricting connections to configured ports or blocking them entirely. For each client or client group that cannot open direct connections with a client, you can assign the following connection states:
- RESTRICTED: means that a connection can be set up, but only on restricted ports (that is, those configured on the Incoming Ports tab of the receiving client).
- BLOCKED: means that a connection cannot be set up.
These sets of rules are used to define the type of firewall configuration in use between the two hosts. For example, RESTRICTED-RESTRICTED yields a two-way firewall configuration, but RESTRICTED-BLOCKED yields a one-way firewall configuration.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers, right-click the client and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Network.
The Network Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Firewall Configuration dialog box, select the Configure Firewall Settings check box and then click Advanced. Click OK to acknowledge the warning and continue.
- On the Incoming Connections tab, click Add for every client or client group that cannot open direct connections to this client.
- Click OK.