GxTail: Working with Log File Snapshots
Within GxTail, you can create a snapshot of all current open files, which GxTail packages together with its overall context, into a compressed .zip file.
The four functions available for working with snapshots are:
- Creating a log file snapshot, which includes GxTail context.
- Opening a log file snapshot, where you open an existing snapshot file. The file can be one that was created in GxTail, or created manually.
- Updating a log file snapshot, where you change the contents of a snapshot previously created, based on what is currently open in GxTail. The file can be one that was created in GxTail, or created manually.
- Emailing a log file snapshot to one or more email addresses.
These functions are described in the Procedure, below.
Before You Begin
If you are creating a new log file snapshot, the file to be packaged and must be open in GxTail.
- Click Edit > Create Log Files Snapshot.
- Navigate to the folder where you want the file saved, then click Save.
- Click Edit > Open Log Files Snapshot.
- Navigate to the folder where the .zip file is stored, and click Open.
- Click Edit > Update Log Files Snapshot.
- The currently open snapshot updates to contain the current context.
- Click Edit > Email Log Files Snapshot.
- In the To box, enter the email addresses you want to send the snapshot file to. Separate multiple addresses by a comma.
- Optional: Add a Subject and Message for your email.
- Click Send.