Hyperconverged Storage Pool - Scaling Out By Adding Additional MediaAgent Nodes
To scale out an existing storage pool, you can add additional MediaAgent nodes in the multiples of the Redundancy factor.
Before You Begin
- Install the latest Service Pack on the CommServe host. For more information see, Service Packs.
Important: In case you have multiple Hyperconverged Storage Pools, change the Automatic Association to Manual Association for all the Hyperconverged Storage Pools other than the one that has to be scaled out.
- In case you have multiple Hyperconverged Storage Pools configured, do the following:
- Ensure that you know the exact Client Computer Group name of the Hyperconverged Storage Pool that has to be scaled out.
- Ensure you have the Hostnames of the MediaAgent nodes that you plan to add to the storage pool.
- Set filters to ensure that the existing and the to be added MediaAgent nodes are selected based on the Hostname.
Following are the high-level processes required to add additional MediaAgent nodes and involves the following tasks in the order listed:
- Ensure that you have all the prerequisites configured. For more information see, Prerequisites for Manually Setting Up the Hyperconverged Storage Pool.
- On all the Linux servers that have to be added as the additional node, install the MediaAgent and the Storage Pool.
For more information, see Installing the MediaAgent.
Important: You must configure at least 3 MediaAgent nodes to configure a Storage Pool.
- After all the MediaAgent nodes are registered, verify the default configurations. For more information see, Verifying the Default Configurations.
- On the CommCell Console, by default 5% of the total disk space or 2 TB (which ever is lower) is set as the Reserve Space on the Mouth Path Properties > Allocation Policy tab
For example: If you have 100 TB of disk storage, 2 TB will be reserved.
- Verify from the Hyperconverged Storage Pool's Client Computer Group Properties that the newly added MediaAgent nodes are automatically added to the existing Hyperconverged Storage Pool.