Traditional License - Getting Started
What Is Traditional License?
Traditional License is a licensing mechanism that requires every product and feature in the CommCell to have a valid license in order to be used. It is the default licensing mechanism in the CommCell.
Traditional licenses are divided as follows:
- Product-based licenses (also referred to as agent-based)
- Feature-based licenses
Switching from Evaluation License to Permanent License
By default, all CommCell components and features can be used with the evaluation license. This means that when you install the CommServe or any other component, you can use the software for evaluation purposes for the duration of the evaluation period.
When the evaluation period ends, you must request a permanent license from your software provider. Once you obtain the license, perform the following steps.
From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Licensing and Registration.You can also access the license administration options from the Control Panel.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, on the Home tab, click Control Panel.
- Under the CommCell section, click Licensing and Registration.
- In the Licensing and Registration dialog box, click the Apply License tab.
- Specify the location of the license file in the License File box. You can also click Browse to locate the license file.
- Click Apply.
Tip: You can generate the License Summary Report to check the licenses that you have in your CommCell environment.