Configuring the Analytics Engine for Log Monitoring
To perform searches on your data using the monitoring application in the Web Console, you must configure the Analytics engine on a MediaAgent. The engine indexes the data that is defined in a monitoring policy.
Best Practice: If you have a high volume of files that you need to index, configure another engine on a different MediaAgent to avoid high processing loads on a single engine.
Before You Begin
- Install the Analytics package on a MediaAgent in your CommCell environment. For information about installing the Analytics package, see Installing the Analytics Engine.
Note: MediaAgents that were installed in your CommCell environment before Service Pack 6 included the Analytics package. If you configured the Analytics Engine on an MediaAgent before SP6, then you do not have to install the Analytics package. However, if you did not configure the Analytics Engine on a MediaAgent that was installed before SP6 and then upgrade the MediaAgent to the latest service pack, then you must install the Analytics package. For more information about configuring the Analytics Engine on MediaAgents installed before SP6, see Upgrade Considerations for MediaAgents with Analytics Engine.
- The amount of disk space needed for the local hard disk is based on the amount of data you index. 2 TB of space on a SSD class disk is usually sufficient.
- If you are not the CommCell administrator, you must have a security association that includes a role with the Agent Management or Administrative Management permission and an association with the MediaAgent you select as the engine. For information on adding a security association to a user, see Administering the Security Associations of a User.
- Java 8 must be installed on the selected MediaAgent.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Storage Resources > MediaAgents.
- Right-click the MediaAgent and click Properties.
- In the MediaAgent Properties dialog box, click the Analytics Engine tab.
- Select the Configure/Deconfigure Analytics Engine check box and do the following:
- Click Browse to select (or create) a folder to store the indexed log file data.
- From the Available Analytics Engine Type pane, drag Log Monitoring to the Configured Analytics Engine Type pane.
- Click OK.