MediaAgent - FAQ
To exclude the adaptors that are not required by MediaAgent, you can skip them during the device detection process as described below:
- Create the following file:
<software installation path>/Base/detectdevices.skip
- Use the following format to add the list of adapters that must be skipped during device detection.
adapter <adapter name>
Note the following:
- Entries are case-sensitive
- Adapters to be skipped can be specified in any order
- Each entry must identify a single adapter to be skipped
What block size is used for Data Integrity Validation (CRC check)?
The data integrity validation uses up to 64 KB as the block size depending on the data buffer size sent from the client to the MediaAgent.
When running a backup why does the MediaAgent list display all the MediaAgents even if there are no libraries associated with them?
By default , the MediaAgents with IntelliSnap configured are displayed in the list even if they do not have any libraries associated with them. However, you can configure to view a modified list of available MediaAgents that have libraries associated with them.
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Home tab, and then click Control Panel.
- In the Tools section of the Control Panel dialog box, click User Preferences.
- From the User Preference dialog box, click the MediaAgent Filter tab and clear the Show IntelliSnap MediaAgents checkbox.
- Click Ok to save the configuration.