Exporting and Importing Reports to Offline CommCells
If your CommCell is not connected to the Internet, or if some of your users access the Web Console using a different Web Server, you can still use and build reports by exporting and importing report XML files. You can either build a report or download a report from Download Center or Commvault Store, and then save it as an XML file to distribute to offline CommCell computers or remote users. Then, users can import the report XML to view the report on the Worldwide Reports page.
Before You Begin
On a computer that is connected to the Internet, either build a report or download a report from Commvault Store:
User Administration and Security requirements include:
- To manage reports, your CommCell user account requires a role with the following permissions: Delete Report; Edit Report; Execute Report.
- Your CommCell user account must have an association with the CommCell entity.
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
About This Task
Users can import reports from the Worldwide or CommCell level, but the data that appears in reports is based on the data sources that are set in the report.
- On the Web Console for the Private Metrics Reporting Server, click Reports, and then from the navigation pane, click Worldwide Reports.
- At the top of the page click Reports Manager .
- Next to the report name, under Actions, click Export.
- Save the XML file.
- Email the report to a user or post it to a shared location on your network.
- On the Worldwide Reports page, click Manage Reports , and then click Import Template.
- Specify the location where the report XML file is saved, and then click Open.
The report template appears in the list on the Reports tab and is deployed to the Reports page.