Configuring Data Sources for One Report on Web Console
You can configure remote CommServe computers and third-party databases as data sources for a single report using the Web Console. You can set the data sources for a particular report that you created or a report that you downloaded from the Commvault Store.
Before You Begin
- To add a data source, your CommCell user account requires a role with the Add Datasource permission and an association with the CommCell entity. The Delete Datasource, Edit Datasource, and Query Datasource permissions are automatically assigned when you add a data source.
For more information on users, permissions, and associations, see User Administration and Security - Overview.
About This Task
- If the Private Metrics Reporting Server cannot connect to the CommServe computer, or if you have a firewall between the remote CommServe computer and the Private Metrics Reporting Server, then you must establish a connection using the CommCell Console. For instructions, see Configuring CommServes as Data Sources on CommCell Console.
- Log into the Web Console.
- Click Reports.
If a Private Metrics Reporting Server is installed, the Worldwide Dashboard appears.
- From the navigation pane, click Reports.
- Click the report icon.
- At the top of the report, click File > Edit.
The Report Builder appears.
- Under Data Sets, select a data set, and then click Edit.
- In the Data Sources list, select the data source that you want to use for the report.
- In the Databases list, select the database that you want to use for the report.
- Click Preview.
- Click Done.
- At the top of the page, click Save, and then click Deploy.