Enabling Proactive Support
After you enable the Proactive Support feature, you can view Proactive Support reports on Web Console and execute workflows directly from the reports to fix any issues you discover.
Before You Begin
You must configure an email server so that Proactive Support workflows can send email messages from the CommCell Console:
- For internal mail servers, such as Microsoft Exchange, see Configuring an Internal Mail Server.
- For external mail servers, such as Gmail, see Configuring an External Mail Server.
- On the CommCell Console ribbon, click Control Panel.
- Click Cloud Metrics Reporting.
The Cloud Metrics Reporting dialog box appears.
- On the Advanced tab, select Proactive Support.
A message appears that instructs you to install Proactive Support workflows from Commvault Store.
- Click OK.
- Click OK to close the Cloud Metrics Reporting dialog box.
A setup script creates and configures the user group that is used to send out notifications for the workflows.
What To Do Next
If you have Version 11 Service Pack 6 or earlier, you must download and install these workflows and reports from Cloud Services:
Note: If you have Version 11 Service Pack 7 or later, the workflows and reports are automatically installed with the CommCell Console and Web Console.