REST API - Postman
Commvault REST APIs are available as a Postman collection. To start working with Commvault REST APIs, import the collection into Postman and complete a simple setup procedure.
Before You Begin
Download the Postman application from the Postman website, and install it on a computer that can communicate with the CommServe computer.
- Import the Commvault REST API collection into your Postman application:
- To open the collection directly in the Postman application, click the Run in Postman button:
- To download the collection and manually import it into the Postman application, choose one of the following:
- Local file: Commvault_Rest_API_V1_Public_postman_collection.json
- File hosted on GitHub: Rest-API-Postman-Collection
To view documentation for the Postman collection, see Commvault Rest API - Public.
- In the Postman application, create an environment.
For information on creating an environment, go to the Postman website, Manage environments.
- In the Commvault REST API collection, open the 0 - Setup folder and click the Environment Setup API.
- On the Pre-request Script tab, update the predefined variables with your user name, your Base64 encoded password, and your Web Service URL.
For information on the Web Service URL, see Available Web Services for REST API.
- To run the API, click Send.
The Environment Setup API returns an authentication token. The token, your user name, your Base64 encoded password, and your Web Service URL are saved as environment variables.