Network Router in the Cloud for Laptop Solutions: Configuring the Laptop Clients
To complete the network router configuration, you must perform additional firewall configurations on the laptop clients so that the clients can communicate with the CommServe computer through the Commvault proxy.
Before You Begin
- You must have configured the Commvault proxy. For instructions, see Setting Up the Commvault Proxy.
- The laptop clients must have the Commvault laptop package installed. If not yet installed, proceed to install the package on the required laptop computers.
- Add the laptop clients to the untrusted group that you specified in the firewall topology.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computer Groups, right-click the untrusted_client_group and then click Properties.
- In the properties dialog box, select the laptop clients from the All clients list, click Include >, and then click OK.
- Push the firewall configuration on the laptop clients, Commvault proxy, required MediaAgents, and on the CommServe computer.
For example, to push firewall on a laptop client:
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers, right-click the laptop_client and then click All Tasks > Push Firewall Configuration.
- When the Warning dialog box appears, click Continue.
A notification appears indicating that the push firewall operation was successful. Click OK to close the notification.
You have finished configuring the Commvault proxy as a network router in the cloud.