Network Router in the Cloud for Laptop Solutions: Setting Up the Commvault Proxy
To set up the Commvault proxy, you must create and configure a placeholder for the proxy computer, and then install the Commvault software on the proxy.
The Commvault proxy located in the cloud will communicate with the CommServe computer through tunnel connections that are initiated by the CommServe.
Before You Begin
- You must have configured the firewall topology for proxy connections. For instructions, see Setting Up Proxy Connections Using a Predefined Firewall Topology.
- If firewall is enabled on the computer that you will use as the proxy, make sure that the computer has open connections to the CommServe computer and laptop clients.
- Create the placeholder client for the proxy.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the Client Computers node, and then click New Client > File System > [Windows or Unix].
- In the New Windows Client window, enter a Client Name and Host Name for the proxy computer. These details will also be used during your Commvault proxy installation.
- Click Next.
- Confirm the information shown under Summary, then click Finish.
- Add the placeholder client to the proxy client group that you specified in the firewall topology.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computer Groups, right-click the proxy_client_group and then click Properties.
- In the properties dialog box, select the placeholder client from the All clients list, click Include >, and then click OK.
- Add the CommServe computer and the required MediaAgents to the trusted client group that you specified in the firewall topology.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computer Groups, right-click the trusted_client_group and then click Properties.
- In the properties dialog box, select the CommServe computer and the required MediaAgents from the All clients list, click Include >, and then click OK.
- Push the firewall configuration on the CommServe and MediaAgent computers.
For example, to push firewall on the CommServe computer:
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe and then click All Tasks > Push Firewall Configuration.
- When the Warning dialog box appears, click Continue.
A notification appears indicating that the push firewall operation was successful. Click OK to close the notification.
- Install the Commvault software on the proxy computer. We recommend that you install the File System Agent.
During the installation, you must specify a local HTTP or HTTPS port number that can be used by the CommServe computer to open tunnel connections towards the proxy. For firewall instructions during the installation, see Setting Up Direct Connections from the CommServe Computer to the Client.