Connecting to the SAP Archive Analytics Database
You can use Data Cube to collect, organize, and mine the data residing in various repositories across your enterprise.
Before You Begin
- Obtain the following information to configure the connection to the database:
- Type of database management system provider.
- The JDBC URL that points to the database.
- The database login credentials.
- In a Web browser, log on to the Web Console and then click Analytics > Database.
- Under Data Connectors next to Database, click Add New.
- On the New Data Source (Database) page, configure the connection:
- From the Analytics Engine list, select the Analytics Engine where the crawling data is stored.
- In Data Source Name, enter a name for the data connection.
The name cannot contain special characters or spaces.
- From the Driver list, select the appropriate DBMS driver for the database connection.
- In Database URL, enter the JDBC URL that you use to connect to the database.
The format is jdbc:postgresql:database_ip_address/objectserver, for example, jdbc:postgresql:192.168.42.42/objectserver
- In Username and Password, enter credentials to connect to the database.
- In SQL Query, type select * from osaudit.
- Select the Start Crawling Now check box.
For information about additional and advanced options for database connections, see Database Connection Options.
- Click Save.
The connection appears on the Data Sources (Database) page. The software create a default view.
What to Do Next
You can optionally create a custom view. For information on how to customize the view, see Creating Search Views for Data Connections.