Adding an Automatic Laptop Backup Schedule to a Schedule Policy
You can automatically run a laptop backup by adding an automatic schedule to a schedule policy. The laptop backup is automatically run when specific criteria are met, for example, when a laptop is connected to a specific network. Automatic schedules are available for clients that have the Laptop Backup package installed.
You can also configure a schedule when you perform a backup on a subclient. For information on how to configure a schedule, see Creating an Automatic Schedule for a Laptop Client.
Before You Begin
Create a data protection schedule policy for your laptop clients.
- Open your schedule policy:
- From the CommCell Browser, go to Policies > Schedule Policies.
- From the Schedule Policies pane on the right, right-click the schedule_policy and click Edit.
- Under Tasks, click Add.
The Backup Task Options dialog box appears.
- On the Schedule Pattern tab, select Automatic.
- On the Laptop sub-tab, select the options for the automatic schedule.
For information on the options for the Laptop client automatic schedules, see Backup Schedules for Laptop Backup.
- Click OK.
What to Do Next
If you want to view the jobs that are associated with this schedule policy, see Viewing Jobs Associated with a Schedule Policy.