Use the Snapshot tab to enable, disable, and configure options for backup copy and catalog snapshots for the selected storage policy.
Both backup copy and catalog snapshots can be enabled in the same storage policy.
- Use the Backup Copy tab to enable, disable, and configure backup copy options.
When you select the Enable Backup Copy check box, all options for Backup Copy become available.
- Use the Catalog Snapshots tab to enable, disable, and configure the snap catalog options of the following agents: NAS, Windows File System, and UNIX File System agent.
When you select the Enable Deferred Snap Cataloging check box, all options for Catalog Snapshots become available.
Warning: if you select the Enable Deferred Snap Cataloging check box, the snapshots are NOT cataloged as part of the snap backup job. To catalog the snapshots, run the Run Snapshot Cataloging operation from the selected storage policy.
The Backup Copy and the Catalog Snapshots tabs have similar options. In the General tab, you can find the following settings:
- Snapshots Created On or After
- When selected, specifies snapshots created on or after the specified date are used for backup copy or for deferred cataloging operation.
- Defer Backup Copy for/Defer Snapshot Cataloging for
- When selected, specifies that a snapshot can be moved to media only after the specified number of days after the snapshot was created.
- Job Selection Rules
- All Backups
- When selected, all backups to this storage policy (including the primary and all copies) are moved to media or are used for deferred cataloging operation.
- Choose the Backup Selection Rule
- When selected, you can customize the selection of data.
- Click to display the Selection Rule dialog box to customize the rules that must be used to select the snapshots for movement to media.
- Source Snap Copy
- Specify the source copy for IntelliSnap operations.
- Apply Selection Rule for Snap Jobs (NAS Agents & Virtual Server Agents only)
- When you select the check box Full, Incremental, Differential IntelliSnap jobs, all snap backups specified in the backup selection rule are cataloged. This setting is applicable only for NAS and Virtual Server Agents.
In the Associations tab, you can select subclients for which the backup copy or the deferred catalog operation will run.