Creating a Storage Policy and a Snap Primary Copy
For offline replica copies, you need to create a storage policy and a snap primary copy to configure the replica copy.
A library must be configured on the CommServe before creating a storage policy.
On the Create Storage Policy Wizard below, you will be prompted to select or clear the Provide the OnCommand Unified Manager Server information check box. Keep the Provide the OnCommand Unified Manager Server information check box clear.
For more information on the Storage Policy options on the wizard, see Storage Policies.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies.
- Right-click Storage Policies, and then click New Storage Policy.
The Create Storage Policy Wizard page appears.
- Follow the instructions in the storage policy creation wizard. On the Enter storage policy name page of the wizard (the second page), keep the Provide the OnCommand Unified Manager Server information check box clear.
- In the Review your selections page, click Finish.
The storage policy appears in the CommCell Browser.
- Right-click the storage policy and then click All Tasks > Create New Snapshot Copy.
- In the Copy Name box, enter a name.
- From the Library list, MediaAgent list, Drive Pool list, Scratch Pool list, select the appropriate library, MediaAgent, drive pool and scratch pool.
- Click OK.