Configuring Storage for EMC VNX / CLARiiON
About This Task
The EMC white paper EMC CLARiiON SnapView Snapshots and Snap Sessions Knowledgebook explains how to configure storage EMC VNX / CLARiiON from the array console.
The requirements for SnapView clones are as follows:
- The logic unit number (LUN) and the clone source volume must have the same size in block counts.
- The LUN must not be part of a storage group.
The following procedure summarizes how to configure storage for EMC VNX / CLARiiON:
- Create a redundant array of independent disks (RAID) group.
- Bind the LUN.
- Create a storage group.
- Register the client computer (covered by installing NaviAgent).
- Map the LUNs to the client computer where the NaviAgent resides.
- Reserved/Clone volumes target properly for SnapView.