Creating a Replica Copy for the NetApp Open Replication Feature
Create the replica copy for the NetApp Open Replication feature.
Before You Begin
To create the replica copy below, you must use a storage policy that does not have the OnCommand Unified Manager (OCUM) information.
If you have not yet done so, create a storage policy with a snap primary copy. See Creating a Storage Policy and a Snap Primary Copy.
You can create only one replica copy for replication. If the storage policy has already a replica copy, then the Create New Snapshot Copy appears dimmed.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies.
- Right-click the storage policy, point to All Tasks, and then click Create New Snapshot Copy.
The Snap Copy Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Copy Name box, type a name.
- From the Library list, MediaAgent list, Drive Pool list, and Scratch Pool list, select a library, a MediaAgent, a drive pool, and a scratch pool.
Tip: Drive pool and scratch pool are not applicable for disk libraries.
- On the Array Replication area, select Use Offline Replication if possible.
- On the Copy Policy tab, in the Source Copy area, select the Specify Source for Array Replica Copy check box, and then select the primary snapshot copy from the list.
- Click OK.