Configuration of the Inline Replication Feature for the HP 3PAR Storage Array
To configure the HP 3PAR Inline Replication feature, with the HP 3PAR software, you need to set up the replication link between the local and the remote arrays, and with the Commvault software, you will create the storage policy for replication, associate the subclients that you want to protect with the storage policy that contains the replica copy, and add and configure the arrays in the Commvault software.
Configuration Process for Inline Replication
- Use the HP 3PAR software to set up replication between the local and remote HP 3PAR arrays.
- Create a storage policy and a snapshot copy on that storage policy.
- Create the replica copy.
- Associate subclients with the storage policy that contains the replica copy. See the documentation of your agent to learn more about associating subclients to a storage policy.
- Add the local storage array in Array Management. See Setting Up the HP 3PAR Array Using Array Management.
- Add the remote storage array in Array Management. See Setting Up the HP 3PAR Array Using Array Management.
- Edit the snapshot configuration propertiesof the local array.