A snapshot copy allows you to make additional copies of the snap backups.
In the case of snap backups, the snapshot copy contains only the metadata information associated with the snapshot backup. A backup copy operation must be performed to replicate the data to the primary copy.
Create the Snapshot Copy with the steps below and run a backup copy operation to copy the data from the snapshot to the selected media.
Exception: The alternate data path failover is not supported for IntelliSnap.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies > Storage Policies.
- Right-click the storage_policy and click All Tasks > Create New Snapshot Copy.
- In the Copy Name box, enter a name.
- From the Library list, MediaAgent list, Drive Pool list, Scratch Pool list, select the appropriate library, MediaAgent, drive pool and scratch pool.
Note: Drive pool and scratch pool are applicable only for tape libraries.
- Click OK.
- The newly created snapshot copy can be associated with the subclient from which the snap backup is performed. In this case, the snapshot copy acts as the primary copy and therefore will contain only the metadata information associated with the snapshot backup.
- When you created the snapshot copy, run a Backup Copy operation to copy the snap data to the selected media.
- You can configure snapshot copy as a spool copy (copy with no retention rules) to automatically delete the snapshots after the backup copy operation is complete. To configure the snapshot copy as spool copy, see Enabling Spool Copy.