Creating Cloud Network Storage Pool Using Command Line
Use the following sections to configure a Cloud Network Storage Pool from the command line..
To configure Cloud Network Storage Pools from the CommCell Console, see Configuring Cloud Network Storage Pool.
Before You Begin
Configuration of a cloud Network Storage Pool lets you create a cloud library, configure storage policies, shares the MediaAgents and create the mount paths through a single wizard. If you do not want a dependent storage policy associated with the Global Deduplication Policy to be created automatically, then configure the Do not create dependent storage policy when creating a disk/cloud storage pool or a global deduplication policy parameter.
- Download the SP_creation.xml file and save it on the computer from where the command will be executed.
- Before running the command, review the Available Parameters.
- Execute the following command from the software_installation_directory/Base folder after substituting the parameter values.
qoperation execute -af downloaded location\SP_creation.xml -storagePolicyName xxxxx -libraryName xxxxx -mediaAgentName xxxxx -maInfoList/mediaAgent/mediaAgentName xxxxx -path xxxxx -enableGlobalDeduplication 1 -hostGlobalDedupStore 1 -enableDASHFull 1 -enableDeduplication 1 -clientGroup/clientGroupName
For example: To create a cloud Network Storage Pool with name storage001, library storage001, MediaAgent ma001, and deduplication database located at e:\ddb001 on ma002 and associate the storage pool to Client Group cg001, run the following command:
qoperation execute -af c:\xml\SP_creation.xml -storagePolicyName storage001 -libraryName "storage001" -mediaAgentName "ma001" -maInfoList/mediaAgent/mediaAgentName "ma002" -path e:\ddb001 -enableGlobalDeduplication 1 -hostGlobalDedupStore 1 -enableDASHFull 1 -enableDeduplication 1 -clientGroup/clientGroupName cg001
You can use the SP_GDSP to enable global deduplication for any storage policy created in the CommCell.
After the configuration the following will be available in the CommCell Console:
- A Global Deduplication Policy (Cloud Network Storage Pool) under the Storage Pools node and under the Storage Policies node.
Note: After creating a Network Storage Pool, you can create a storage policy and assign it to the Network Storage Pool. For information see Creating a Storage Policy with Global Deduplication.
The following will appear under the Global Deduplication Policy (Cloud Network Storage Pool) node:
- Deduplication Engines
- DDB and Partitions under the Deduplication Engines node
- Cloud Library under the Storage node with Library as the name suffix
For example: storage001Library
- A storage policy associated with the Global Deduplication Policy under the Storage Policies node and with the Policy as name suffix.
For example: storage001Policy
- All the existing Global Deduplication Policies will appear as Storage Pools under the Storage Pools node.
What To Do Next
- You can assign the storage policy copy to any subclient and start the data protection operations. For more information on configuring subclients, see agent specific documentation.
- You can add additional storage to the Cloud Network Storage Pool.
- You can add additional MediaAgents to the Network Storage Pool.