Adding an External Group
You can add external groups (domain name\user group) to the CommCell environment so that external users have access to CommCell entities. To control the users in the external group, you can do the following:
- Apply security associations to the external group. For information on creating a security association, see Administering Security Associations on a User Group.
- Set a quota to limit the amount of data backed up by the users in the external group. For information on quotas, see File System Backup Quota: Overview.
Before You BeginAdd the external domain that contains the user groups you need to add:
- To add an Active Directory domain, see Adding a Domain Controller for Active Directory.
- To add a JumpCloud domain, see Adding a Domain Controller for JumpCloud.
- To add an Open Directory domain, see Adding a Domain Controller for Apple Open Directory.
- To add an Oracle Directory domain, see Adding a Domain Controller for Oracle Directory.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Security > Domains > domain_name, right-click External Groups and select Add New Group.
The Add new External Group dialog box is displayed.
- Click Browse next to the Select an External Group box.
The Select an external group dialog box is displayed.
- Select the external_user_group and click OK.
- To control the access of the external group, on the Associated Entities tab, create a security association.
For information on creating security associations, see Administering Security Associations on a User Group.
- Click OK.