Generating Scripts for Data Sync - Two-Way Sync
Generate scripts for the data sync operation.
- Download the Sample XML File and save the file with restore_by_job.xml name on the CommServe.
- Open the restore_by_job.xml file using an XML editor and provide a value for the following parameters:
- clientName - Name of the source computer
- destClient - Name of the destination computer
- destPath - Path for restoring the files
- mapFilePath - Path of the map file
Note: This XML file will be used as an input file for the batch file which picks up the last successful backup job and triggers a restore by job operation for that job.
- Add the following content to a file and save the file as restore_last_backup.bat on the CommServe. Make sure that the file is saved as a batch file (.bat extension).
if not defined GALAXY_BASE set GALAXY_BASE=SoftwareInstallationDirectory\Base
set BackupJobID =0
qlogin -u "Username" -ps "Password" -cs "CommServeName"
if %errorlevel% NEQ 0 (
echo Login failed.
:The following command fetches the last successful backup job id.
FOR /F "skip=2" %%J IN ('qlist lastjob -c Source_computer -a Q_FILESYSTEM -b "defaultBackupSet" -s "SubClientName" -js Completed') do (
set BackupJobID= %%J
:The following command triggers the restore by job using Command Line.
qoperation execute -cs CommServeName -af Path_of_the_xml_file -jobids %BackupJobID% -sourceItem "2:%BackupJobID%"
- Provide the following input values in the saved batch file:
- SoftwareInstallationDirectory - Software installation directory
- Username, Password - User details saved in the Record the Username and Password procedure.
- CommServeName - Name of the CommServe
- Source_computer - Name of the source computer
- SubClientName - Name of the subclient
- Path_of_the_xml_file - Path of the restore_by_job.xml file.