Recover - Exchange Compliance Archiver Agent
Perform a recover operation immediately after your first archive job to understand the process.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > Exchange Compliance Archiver.
- Right-click the default backup set, and then click All Tasks > Browse and Restore.
- Click View Content.
- Expand the subclient and select the mailbox that you want to recover.
- Click Recover All Selected.
- Select To PST File.
- Click Browse to locate the path.
- Select the path, click Add, and then close the window.
- Type the path to the location where you want to restore the PST file, including the PST file name with the .pst extension.
If you want to restore the PST file to a network location, type the UNC path to the location, including the PST file name with the .pst extension.
- Click the Job Initiation tab, select Immediate, and then click OK.
You can monitor the progress of the restore job from the Job Controller.
- After the restore job completes, right-click the Exchange Compliance Archiver, and then click View > Retrieve History.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the job, then and do one of the following:
- View Job Details.
- View Paths.
- View Events of the recover job.
- View or send log files of the restore job.
- Resubmit the job if the job is not too old.
- Import the PST file into Microsoft Outlook.
Note: This step is based on Microsoft Outlook 2010. The steps and screen may be different if you are using another version of Microsoft Outlook.
- Click File, and then click Open.
- Click Import.
- Select Import from another program or file option, and then click Next.
- Under File Type, select Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click Next.
- Click Browse and choose the .pst that was restored, and then click Next.
- Choose to import the file to the current folder or choose another folder, and then click Finish.
When Import items into the same folder is selected, the data from the imported file will be added to the same folder in Microsoft Outlook if the folder matches. If the folder does not match in Microsoft Outlook, it is created.
- View the imported folder in Microsoft Outlook.