Disabling Optimization for Restores from a Tape Library
- DB2 MultiNode
- Oracle RAC
By default for restores, the Commvault software caches the tape reservation and does not unmount the tape until the end of the restore job.
When you restore from tape, or perform a multi stream restore, set this additional setting to 1 to have the software immediately release the media so that other streams can access it.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe node and then click Properties.
- In the CommCell Properties dialog box, click the Additional Settings tab and then click Add.
The Add Additional Settings dialog box is displayed.
- Enter the details for the additional setting:
- In the Name box, type bDisableRestoreCaching.
- In the Category box, select ResourceManager.
- In the Type box, select Integer.
- In the Value box, type 1.
- Click OK to close the Additional Settings dialog box.
- Click OK to close the CommCell Properties dialog box.