Performing a Full DB2 IntelliSnap Backup
IntelliSnap backups for any client are full backups. You can perform a full backup of an online or offline database.
Note: If a subclient for an IntelliSnap of a DB2 database backup contains both the data and log files, then the log file backup is initiated with a separate job ID. During the data aging process, having separate jobs might cause the data to be pruned before the log files are backed up, if both the jobs are identified as full. In this case, the log file backup is identified as incremental, even though the entire set of log files that are available in the Commvault log file archive directory are backed up. The log file backups are identified as incremental so that the data and the log file backup operations are as part of the same cycle.
Backups include the following data:
- DB2 database objects
- DB2 history files
- DB2 archive log files
DB2 application files that are associated with the DB2 installation are not included in backups.
Tip: Use the File System Agent to back up the DB2 application files.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > DB2 > instance > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options for Subclient dialog box appears.
- Select the backup type and job initiation:
- In the Backup Type section, select Full.
- In the Job Initiation section, specify whether to run the backup now or whether to schedule it.
Note: If you specify to schedule the backup, define the schedule.
For information on scheduling backups, see Schedule Backups.
- Click OK.