Creating DB2 MultiNode Subclients for Individual Datafiles
Create a subclient that you can use to back up individual datafiles.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > DB2 MultiNode > instance.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- In the General tab, in the Subclient name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, select the following options:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select mode to backup the database in.
To perform the backup when the database in online, select the Online Database option.
To perform the backup when the database in offline, select the Offline Database option.
- Select the Exclude Logs from Full Backup check box.
Note: Do not configure the LOGARCHMETH1 parameter to a disk when you select this option.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that you want to use.
- On the Advanced Options tab, select the backup log options.
Option Description Backup Log Files check box Include the Commvault logs in the backup.
Optional: To exclude the DB2 logs from the backup image on a DB2 version that is 9.5 or later, on the Content tab, select the Exclude Logs from Backup Image check box.
Do not configure the LOGARCHMETH1 parameter to a disk when you select this option.
Delete Log Files After check box Delete the logs after the backup.
This deletes the logs from the archive log path.
Disable Switch Current Log check box Disable the log switch.
When the switch is on, the current redo log file is closed (even if it is not filled up completely) and the next redo log file is used for writing using a log switch. The closed redo log file is then archived during the log phase.
- Optional: Select the subclient options.
Run scripts before or after the backup
You can choose to run the post-process script even if the backup job failed.
On the Pre/Post Process tab:
- In the PreBackup Process box, type the full path name for the script.
- In the PostBackup Process box, type the full path name for the script.
- To run the post backup process regardless of the job's outcome, select the Run Post Process for all attempts check box.
Use compression to optimize backup storage
On the Advanced Options tab, select the Use Db2 compression check box.
When you select this option, the Commvault software applies the DB2 compression feature to all the backups for this subclient.
Fore more information on DB2 compression, go to the DB2 website, compression and storage.
Use DB2 DEDUP DEVICE
When this is enabled, the DB2 deduplication parameter DEDUP_DEVICE is used. This feature is available starting on DB2 version 9.7 with FixPack 3.
For additional information on the DB2 DEDUP_DEVICE parameter, go to the DB2 Knowledge Center, DEDUP_DEVICE.
On the Advanced Options tab, select the Use Dedupe Device check box.
- Click OK to close the Create New Subclient dialog box.