Frequently Asked Questions - BlueArc File Archiver Agent
- This agent is deprecated in this release. You must transition to OnePass for Hitachi HNAS (BlueArc) and Isilon as described in Transitioning from a V9 Traditional Archiver Agent to V11 OnePass.
- New installations of this agent are not supported in this release.
- You must deconfigure this agent before you upgrade the client.
- You can perform recovery operations only with the deconfigured agent.
- You cannot perform archive jobs with this agent.
See End-of-Life, Deprecated and Extended Support - Products for information about deprecated products.
Note: If you want to continue to use the Hitachi HNAS (BlueArc) or Isilon File Archiver for archiving and recovery operations, you cannot upgrade the client.
How can I disable ACL restore?
By default, ACLs are restored with every restore operation.
To disable the restore of ACLs, create the GXHSMRESTORE_NAS_SEC_ACL additional setting on the client computer.
- From the CommCell Browser, right-click the CommServe client, and then click Properties.
- In the Client Computer Properties dialog box, click Advanced.
- In the Additional Settings tab, click Add.
- In the Name box, type GXHSMRESTORE_NAS_SEC_ACL.
Alternatively, click Lookup, select GXHSMRESTORE_NAS_SEC_ACL from the list, and click OK.
The Category and Type details are automatically populated.
- In the Value box, type N.
- Click OK to close the Additional Settings dialog box.
- Click OK.