License Requirements - Generic File Archiver for NAS
- This agent is deprecated in this release. You must transition to OnePass for Hitachi HNAS (BlueArc) and Isilon as described in Transitioning from a V9 Traditional Archiver Agent to V11 OnePass.
- New installations of this agent are not supported in this release.
- You must deconfigure this agent before you upgrade the client.
- You can perform recovery operations only with the deconfigured agent.
- You cannot perform archive jobs with this agent.
See End-of-Life, Deprecated and Extended Support - Products for information about deprecated products.
Note: If you want to continue to use the Hitachi HNAS (BlueArc) or Isilon File Archiver for archiving and recovery operations, you cannot upgrade the client.
By default, the agent is installed using an Evaluation license. Once the evaluation period is complete, you need to obtain a permanent license from your Software Provider.
You can choose to use one of the following licensing mechanisms:
- Traditional License, based upon products and features in your CommCell.
- Capacity License, based on the amount of data you want to protect.
For comprehensive information on licensing, see License Administration.
The following license types are available for Generic File Archiver for NAS. You need to obtain the appropriate licenses based on your environment.
|Agent or Component||License Type|
|Microsoft Windows File System (Server Class)||Server File system|
For clustered environment, you need the following license in addition:
|File System (Windows or Unix)||Cluster Group|
If you plan to use capacity based licensing, you must obtain the following license:
|License Type||License Consumption|
|Archive||1 license per CommCell for n Terabytes (TB) of protected data|