Recover Data - NetApp File Archiver Agent
- This agent is deprecated in this release. You must transition to OnePass for NetApp as described in Transitioning from a V9 Traditional Archiver Agent to V11 OnePass.
- New installations of this agent are not supported in this release.
- You must deconfigure this agent before you upgrade the client.
- You can perform recovery operations only with the deconfigured agent.
- You cannot perform archive jobs with this agent.
See End-of-Life, Deprecated and Extended Support - Products for information about deprecated products.
Note: If you want to continue to use the NetApp File Archiver for archiving and recovery operations, you cannot upgrade the client.
Perform a Data Recovery
It is recommended that you perform a recovery operation of an archived file after your first archive operation to understand the process. Follow the steps given below to perform a restore of a file or multiple files:
- Navigate to the folder with the stubs by mapping a network drive to the share or through the UNC path. Perform an action that executes an open and read on an archived file to initiate the recovery operation.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller window of the CommCell console. Multiple stub recoveries are submitted to the Job Controller as one job called a Persistent Recovery job.
- Once the job is complete, view the job details from the Recover History dialog box.
- Right-click the ArchiveSet and select View | Recovery History.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the job and select View Job Details. After recovery, stubs are replaced by files in the location specified.
- If the subclient is configured to create stubs, by choosing the option Replace the File with a Stub, files that qualify the archiving rule will get stubbed. You can restore stubs following the same steps listed above (step 1 - step 4).