Advanced Archive – Domino Mailbox Archiver
To schedule an archive job, follow the steps:
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to <Client> | Domino Mailbox Archiver
- Right-click the Subclient and click Archive
- Click Schedule
- Click Configure
- Select Schedule Options. For example:
Click WeeklyCheck the days you want the run the archive job
Change the Start Time to 9:00 PMClick OK to close the Schedule Details dialog box
Click OK to close the Archive Options dialog box
The archive job will execute as per the schedule.
The following sections provide information on the various options available for job management.
Jobs that fail to complete successfully are automatically restarted based on the job restartability configuration set in the Control Panel.
Changes made to this configuration will affect all jobs in the entire CommCell.
To configure the job restartability for a specific job, you can modify the retry settings for that job. This will override the setting in the Control Panel. It is also possible to override the default CommServe configuration for individual jobs by configuring retry settings when initiating the job. This configuration, however, will apply only to the specific job.
Backup jobs for this Agent are resumed from the point-of-failure.
Configure Job Restartability at the CommServe Level
- From the CommCell Console ribbon, click the Home tab, and then click Control Panel.
- Under Data, click Job Management.
The Job Management dialog box appears.
- Click the Job Restarts tab.
- From the Job Type list, select the appropriate item.
- Select the Restartable check box to make the job restartable.
- In the Max Restarts box, change the maximum number of times the Job Manager will try to restart a job.
- In the Restart Interval (Mins) box, change the time interval between attempts for the Job Manager to restart the job.
- Click OK.
Configure Job Restartability for an Individual Job
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to <Client> | Domino Mailbox Archiver.
- Right-click the Subclient and select Archive.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Archive Options dialog box, click the Job Retry tab.
- Select Enable Total Running Time and specify the maximum elapsed time before a job can be restarted or killed.
Select Kill Running Jobs When Total Running Time Expires to kill the job after reaching the maximum elapsed time.
- Select Enable Number Of Retries and specify the number of retries.
- Click OK.
The following controls are available for running jobs in the Job Controller window:
|Temporarily stops a job. A suspended job is not terminated; it can be restarted at a later time.|
|Resumes a job and returns the status to Waiting, Pending, Queued, or Running. The status depends on the availability of resources, the state of the Operation Windows, or the Activity Control setting.|
|Terminates a job.|
Suspending a Job
- From the Job Controller of the CommCell Console, right-click the job and select Suspend.
- The job status may change to Suspend Pending for a few moments while the operation completes. The job status then changes to Suspended.
Resuming a Job
- From the Job Controller of the CommCell Console, right-click the job and select Resume.
- As the Job Manager attempts to restart the job, the job status changes to Waiting, Pending, or Running.
Killing a Job
- From the Job Controller of the CommCell Console, right-click the job and select Kill.
- Click Yes when the confirmation prompt appears if you are sure you want to kill the job. The job status may change to Kill Pending for a few moments while the operation completes. Once completed, the job status will change to Killed and it will be removed from the Job Controller window after five minutes.
Several additional options are available to further refine your backup operations. The following table describes these options, as well as the steps for configuring them.
Be sure to read the overview material referenced for each feature prior to using them.
|Startup Options|| The Job Manager will use the startup priority setting when allocating the required resources. This is useful if you have jobs that are very important and must complete, or jobs that can be moved to a lower priority.
||Refer to Job Priority and Priority Precedence.|
|Job Retry Options|| The Job Retry option helps in configuring the retry behavior of the backup jobs. You can specify the maximum elapsed time before a job can be restarted or killed and the maximum number of restart attempts.
||Refer to Job Management.|
|Start New Media|| The Start New Media option helps in starting the backup/archive operation on a new media.
This media management feature provides a degree of control over where the data physically resides.
|Refer to Start New Media.|
|Mark Media Full|| The Mark Media Full on Success option marks the Media as Full, 2 minutes after the successful completion of the backup/archive. This feature prevents any other data being written to the same media.
||Refer to Export Media.|
|Allow Other Schedules To Use Media Set|| The Allow Other Schedules to use Media Set option allows jobs that are part of the schedule or schedule policy and using the specific storage policy to start a new media. It also prevents other jobs from writing to the same set of media.
||Refer to Creating an Exportable Media Set.|
|Extend Job Retention|| This option allows you to extend the retention end time of the selected job. You can extend the retention period to infinite period or for a specified number of days. You can also extend to storage policy default period.
|Data Path Options|| Data Protection operations use a specific data path (Library, MediaAgent, Drive Pool, and Drive) to perform the backup operations as configured in the CommCell. By default, the system automatically identifies the data path for the backup operations.
The following are some of the important situations where you may need to change the data path:
|Refer Change Data Path.|
|Vault Tracker|| The Vault Tracker feature provides the facility to manage media that are removed from a library and stored in offsite locations. The Vault Tracker function provides the following capabilities in your day-to-day operations:
|| Refer to Vault Tracker or Vault Tracker Enterprise.
|Alerts|| The Alert option is used for setting up the criteria to raise notifications/alerts for job statuses such as failure, success, or any other conditions triggered by the backup job. Adding alerts helps the user or the user group to get the notification automatically about the status of the backup job.
||Refer to Alerts and Notifications.|
|Command Line Backups||Command Line Interface enables you to perform backups from the command line. The commands can be executed from the command line or can be integrated into your own scripts or scheduling programs. In addition, you can also generate scripts for specific operations from the CommCell Console using the Save As Script option. These scripts can later be executed using the commands from the command line interface.||Refer to Command Line Interface.|
|CommCell Readiness Report||The CommCell Readiness Report provides you with vital information about the condition of your CommCell.||Refer to CommCell Readiness Report.|
|Backup Job Summary Report||The Backup Job Summary Report provides the details of all the backup jobs of clients.||Refer to Backup Job Summary Report.|