Compliance Archive - Domino Mailbox Archiver
Compliance archiving allows for the messages copied to the IBM Domino journaling mailbox to be moved to the designated secondary storage location. Due to compliance regulations, only authorized users may retrieve messages archived from the journaling mailbox.
Client mailbox copies of archived messages remain intact within their respective client mailboxes. During the compliance archiving, the messages are archived securely with no impact on the source mailbox or databases.
Messages are retrieved out-of-place (i.e., to a secure mailbox created exclusively for compliance purposes).
Compliance Archiving Configuration
Compliance Archiving operations for the IBM Domino journaling mailbox follow the same process as migration archiving operations with the following special requirements and configurations:
On the IBM Domino
Prior to performing any compliance archiving operations, the IBM Domino setting for journaling maintenance must be set to None.
Configure the Backfill Mode
This mode is designed for compliance archiving operations only.
When selected, this mode allows you to back up and populate the content index with messages that were sent and/or delivered before the point-in-time at which archives of the journaling mailbox begin. This is useful if you are newly using the Domino Mailbox Archiver Agent for compliance archiving and want to ensure all messages that predate the defining of the journal mailbox are archived along with the journal mailbox content.
This mode only needs to be used once, as all subsequent archives will be conducted through the journaling mailbox. Using this mode more than once for the same subclient may return unexpected results (such as duplicate data) during data recovery operations.
Follow these steps to select the Backfill mode:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Archive Set.
- Right-click the Subclient, and then click Properties.
- Select the Operate in Backfill Mode tab.
- Click OK.
Once the initial archive has occurred using this mode and you are ready to begin using the journaling mailbox for further archive operations, you must perform the following steps:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to <Client> | Mailbox iDataAgent | Default Archive Set.
- Right-click Default Archive Set | All Tasks and click New Subclient.
- In the General tab, enter Subclient Name.
- Click the Databases tab.
- Click Configure and then click Add Mailbox.
- Enter mailbox name.
- Click OK.
- Click the Archiving Rules tab.
- Check the Enable All Rules check box.
- Define archiving rules.
- Click the Stub Rule tab and select Do not create stub check box.
- Click the Storage Devices tab.
- Select a Storage Policy.
- Click OK.