Backup - Exchange Mailbox (Classic) Agent
What Is Backed Up
- Email messages
- Journal Entries
- Exchange Server Properties
- Archive Mailboxes are not backed up by default; refer to Configuring Backups of Archive Mailboxes.
- Mailboxes of disabled Active Directory user accounts are not backed up by default; refer to Configuring Backups of Disabled Mailboxes.
- Discovery Search Mailboxes are not backed up by default; refer to Configuring Backups for Discovery Search Mailboxes.
- Deleted Item Retention Folders are not backed up by default; refer to Configuring Backups for Deleted Item Retention Folders.
Perform the first backup job.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > agent > defaultBackupSet.
- Right-click the new subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options for Subclient dialog box appears.
- Under Job Initiation, select Immediate.
- Click OK.
The backup job runs.You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller.
By default, the first backup is always a full backup.
- After the job completes, right-click the subclient, and then click Backup History to see details about the job.
- Right-click the job to:
- View items that failed, if any, during the job.
- Resubmit the job.
- View job details, such as the number of mailboxes archived.
- View events associated with the job.
- Send the log file that is associated with the job.