Applies to: Office 365 with Exchange, User Mailbox
In an Office 365 with Exchange environment, you must assign impersonation permissions to the service accounts.
Before You Begin
- The Office 365 with Exchange Administrator Account must be:
- a member of Global Admin group
- an online mailbox
- The Exchange Administrator Service Account (Windows user), must be a member of the Local Administrator Group.
- Open Windows PowerShell and create a remote PowerShell session to Office 365 with Exchange.
- Type the following cmdlet:
New-ManagementRoleAssignment -name:impersonationAssignmentName -Role:ApplicationImpersonation -User:serviceAccount
impersonationAssignmentName is a unique name that you provide for the assignment.
serviceAccount is the Office 365 with Exchange Administrator Account.