Changing the Index Server for the Exchange Mailbox Agent
If you need to replace the MediaAgent client that performs the role as the index server, you must perform the procedure in a specific order to transfer the current index to the new client.
Before You Begin
Make sure that you have followed the correct procedure for replacing the MediaAgent client before you transfer the index server. For more information, see MediaAgent Hardware Refresh - Overview.
- Install the MediaAgent.
- Create the index server on the new MediaAgent.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client.
- Right-click the agent, and then click Properties.
The Exchange Mailbox Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, select the new MediaAgent from the Index Server list.
- Run an archive job at the subclient level or mailbox level.
The archive job rebuilds the index on the new MediaAgent.