Configuring Universal Access to Archived Messages - Administrator
Configure Recall Services
After the Web Console and the Web Search Server have been installed, configure the recall services with Web Console's link. When a recall request is triggered, the link configured for the recall services sends an HTTP recall request to the Web Console.
Before You Begin
Consider the following when you configure recall services:
- We recommend that you specify a Domain Namespace.
- The Recall Service URL should be in either of the following formats: http://server.domain.com or https://server.domain.com.
- The Recall Server can be a load-balancing server.
- The recall services should be accessible from outside the firewall. For details see, Configure to access archived emails from outside the firewall.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click the client, and then click Properties.
The Client Computers Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Client Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Web Server URLs tab.
- Type the address of the recall service in the Recall Services box. We recommend that you specify a Domain Namespace to enable external connectivity.
Example: http://<Webconsole> or https://<Webconsole>,
Where <Webconsole> is the client computer where the Webconsole is installed.
- Click OK.
Adding a Recall Link to Messages
You can provide a recall link within the stubbed mailbox message. This allows end users to recall archived messages directly from Outlook. The body of the message includes a link that, by clicking it, brings back the original content of the message.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > agent > backup_set.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- Select the Message Rules tab.
- Select the Enable these message rules check box, and then select Create Stubs.
- In the Collect messages after box, type or select the number of days old that a message must be in order for the message to be archived.
- In the Collect messages larger than box, type or select the size a message must be of in order for the message to be archived
- Ensure that the Add recall link to stub body check box is selected.
- Click OK.