Exchange Mailbox End-User Erase
With Exchange Mailbox End-User Erase, end users can delete backed up messages from secondary storage in the following ways:
- Using the Web Console
- By opening the Web Console within Microsoft Outlook
- From within Microsoft Outlook using the ContentStore Email Viewer
Before You Begin
- Make sure that you have the Erase Data license.
- Install the agent on the client.
- To enable End-User Erase with the Web Console:
- Make sure that the MediaAgent is a high-performance computer that can be scaled up if necessary.
- Make sure that the MediaAgent is the only Commvault component running on the MediaAgent computer.
- To enable End-User Erase with the ContentStore Email Viewer, install and configure Outlook Add-In with ContentStore Email Viewer.
- Optional: Enable source pruning to prevent creating orphaned stubs (that is, a stub with no corresponding backed up message).