Applies to: OnePass for Windows File System.
You can back up and archive the data that resides on the OneDrive folder on your client computer. You cannot configure OneDrive on Driverless OnePass for Windows File System.
Before You Begin
- Make sure that the Driver for File Archiver is installed on the client computer. For more information on installing the Driver for File Archiver, see Preinstallation Checklist for the Driver for File Archiver.
- Add the GXHSMSERVICERESTOREACLS additional setting on your client computer and set the value to N. For more information on adding the additional setting, see Add or Modify an Additional Setting.
- Open the Windows Registry Editor and modify the GXHSM_ENABLE_OPLOCKS additional setting to a value to Y at the following location on your client computer:
- Restart the services on the client computer.
- Open the CommCell Console.
- In the CommCell Browser, click Client Computers > client > File System.
- Right-click File System, and then click Properties.
- In the File System Properties dialog box, select the Enable for Archiving check box.
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > File System > backup_set.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
- In the Subclient Properties dialog box, make the following selections:
- On the General tab, select the Enable OnePass check box.
- In the Subclient Name box, enter the name of the subclient.
- Click the Content tab, and then click Add Paths.
- In the Add Multiple Contents dialog box, type %OneDrive%, and click OK.
- Click the Disk Cleanup tab, and then select the Enable Archiving with these rules check box to archive your subclient content.
- Click the Storage Device tab, and then select a storage policy from the Storage Policy list.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Subclient Properties dialog box, click the Retention tab, and specify the time for which you want to retain the files.
- Click OK.
- Click OK.