OnePass for Network Shares - Configuration
You can create a OnePass Subclient to backup the data.
- Open the CommCell console.
- In the CommCell Browser, click the Client Computers node.
- Click the <Client> | File System | defaultBackupSet.
- Right-click the <defaultBackupSet>, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Subclient Name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- In the Proxy Client box, select a computer where you have installed the Windows File System iDataAgent.
Note: For a newly configured client or an upgraded client that uses indexing version 2, you must select a version 11 proxy computer. Commvault version 10 proxy computers are not supported.
- Click the Content tab, and click Add Paths.
You can use the same content across different subclients within the same backup set. The default subclient, skips the content specified in the other subclients within the same backup set.
- In the Add Multiple Contents dialog box, enter the UNC path of the content that is to be archived.
- Click OK, and then the Impersonate NT User dialog box appears.
- In the User Account box, enter the User Name.
- In the Enter Password box, enter the Password.
- In the Confirm Password box, retype the Password and click OK.
Verify that the Impersonate User Credentials you specify is
- added to the Administrator Group on the File Server and,
- the user must have full permissions on all the files and directories that reside on the File Server.
- Click Advanced.
- In the Advanced Subclient Properties dialog box, click the Retention tab and select the Extend storage policy retention check box.
Select the Archiver retention and Backup retention check boxes and set the time period for which you want to retain the archived items. For more information on retention options, see Retention Options for OnePass.
- Click OK.
Click the Disk Cleanup tab and select the Enable archiving with these rules checkbox.
To archive your files, set the rules accordingly based on file access time, modified time or file size.
To accept the default values, click OK.
Note: Once you click OK, you cannot clear the Extend storage policy retention check box in the Retention tab of your subclient.
To configure archiving of data based on.. Then... the access time
- In the File access time older than box, enter or select the number of days before data is archived.
the modified date
- In the File modified time older than box, enter or select the number of days before data is archived.
when the data was created
- In the File Created time older than box, enter or select the number of days before data is archived.
the size of the data
- In the File Size greater than box, enter or select the minimum size for data to be archived.
- In the Maximum File Size box, enter or select the maximum size of the file for data to be archived.
After Archive.. Then... The files that meet any one of the archiving rules are archived and replaced with a stub. Click Replace the File with a Stub. The files that meet any one of the archiving rules are deleted from the disk. Click Delete the file.
- Click the Storage Device tab and proceed as follows:
To.. Then... select an existing storage policy
- Click the Storage Policy list and select a storage policy.
create a new storage policy
- Click Create Storage Policy and proceed with the Create Storage Policy Wizard. For instructions, refer to the documentation for creating a storage policy.
- Tip: We recommend that you perform an auxiliary copy operation to replicate data from the primary copy to a secondary copy in the event of a catastrophic hardware failure on the primary location. For instructions on performing auxiliary copy, see Performing an Auxiliary Copy.
- Click OK.
- In the Backup Schedule dialog box, click Do Not Schedule, and then click OK.