Creating Additional Instances for Gmail and Google Drive
When you create a virtual client, the first instance is automatically created and displayed in the CommCell Console under Cloud Apps. You can create user-defined subclients under this instance for all your backup and restore needs.
You can manually add more instances to this virtual client.
About This Task
Use a Gmail virtual client to create a mailbox instance. Similarly, use a Google Drive virtual client to create a drive instance.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client.
- Right-click Cloud Apps, point to All Tasks, and then click Create New Instance.
The New Instance dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, provide the following details:
- In the Instance Name box, type the name of the Cloud Connector instance that is installed on a physical client computer.
- In the Backup Client box, select the physical client computer where the Cloud Connector package is installed.
- In the Storage Policy box, select a storage policy for the backup and restore operations.
- On the Connection Details tab, provide the following details:
- In the Email ID box, type the email ID of the super admin.
- In the Application Client ID box, type the client ID for your Google service account.
- In the Application Email Address box, type the email ID for your Google service account.
- In the Application Private Key Filepath box, type or browse to the location of the PKCS12 key that you obtained when you created a service account.
- You can see the application client ID of your service account only after enabling the domain-wide delegation. For more information, see Creating a Service Account.
- Manage Content Automatically check box is used to overwrite the existing user accounts in a subclient, if these user accounts do not match the pattern entered during a backup operation. For more information, see Auto Discover User Accounts.
- Use the options provided on the Auto Discover tab to enable auto discovery for all subclients in an instance. For steps to enable auto discovery, see Enabling Auto Discovery of User Accounts.
In the CommCell Console, you can now see the following items:
- Under the virtual client that you selected in the procedure, you can see the new instance that you created.
- Under the new instance, you can see a default subclient that was automatically created.