Backing Up Gmail and Google Drive
You can back up the mailboxes and drive data of all the Google user accounts using the Commvault software. After running the first full backup, you can schedule incremental backups at regular intervals.
You can run a backup operation either from the default subclient or from a user-defined subclient.
If you perform a backup from the instance level, all user accounts in that instance are backed up in a single backup job.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Cloud Apps > instance.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options for Subclient dialog box is displayed.
- In the Select Backup Type pane, choose to run a full, or an incremental backup.
- Optional: To run an incremental backup before or after the synthetic full backup, select the Run Incremental Backup check box, and then select either Before Synthetic Full or After Synthetic Full.
- In the Job Initiation section, choose whether to run the backup job immediately or to schedule it.
- Optional: To further customize the backup operation, click Advanced.
To ensure that messages that have not been backed up by incremental jobs since the last full backup are backed up by the next incremental, on the Data tab, select the Verify Synthetic Full check box.
- Optional: To save this backup operation as a script that you can run from the command line, click Save as Script.
For more information, see Command Line Interface.
- Click OK.
If you selected to run the backup job immediately, you can monitor the progress of your backup job in the Job Controller window. For more information, see Job Controller.
After the backup job is complete, you can view the backup job history. For more information, see Job History.