Configuring Subclients for Greenplum Database Backups
The default Greenplum subclient contains all the segment server databases in the content.
You can create separate subclients when you have Greenplum databases that need to be backed up on separate schedules.
Note: You must set the storage policy number of streams (Storage Policy Properties dialog box, General tab, Device Streams) to a value that is one greater than the number of primary segments. For example, if the number of primary segments is 10, set the Device Stream to 11.
Best Practice: To prevent the segment hosts from waiting for resources, set the number of data readers (Advanced Subclient Properties dialog box, Performance tab, Number of Data Readers) to a value that is one more than the number of segments hosts that are in the Greenplum Database system.
Caution: Leave the subclient content intact.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Greenplum.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient Name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Storage Device tab, select the storage policy to use for backups from the Data Storage Policy list.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Subclient Properties dialog box is displayed.
- In the Number of Data Readers box, type a value that is one more than the number of segments hosts that are in the Greenplum Database system.
- Optional: Select the subclient options.
Run scripts before or after the backup
You can choose to run the post-process script even if the backup job failed.
On the Pre/Post tab:
- In the Pre-Backup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- In the PostBackup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- To run the post backup process regardless of the job outcome, select the Run Post Process for all attempts check box.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Subclient Properties dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Create New Subclient dialog box.