Configuring Backups for Files That Meet the Archiving Rules
When you perform a synthetic full backup, you can retain older versions of your file, including the latest version. By default, only the latest version is retained.
By default while running a backup, files and folders defined as the subclient content are backed up. However, you can also define the files to be backed up based on the archiving rules. It means that only files and folders that meet the archiving rules will be backed up.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > pseudo-client > Distributed Apps > instance.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Content tab, select the Only backup files that qualify for archiving check box, and then click OK.
When this option is selected, do not run an incremental job after the synthetic full backup job with Verify Synthetic Full option enabled.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Backup.
The Backup Options dialog box appears.
- To perform an incremental backup, in the Select Backup Type area, click Incremental.
- To run the job immediately, in the Job initiation area, click Immediate.
- Click OK.
- Once the job is complete, to view the details of the job from the backup history, right-click the subclient, and then click Backup History.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the job, and then click View backup items.
Note that the files that satisfied the archiving rules have been backed up.
Important: If this option is unchecked, the next backup job will run as an incremental backup but will back up all the files.