Creating a User-Defined Instance for Hadoop
While creating a new pseudo-client, you also create a user-defined instance.
You can create additional instances to manage different Hadoop clusters.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > pseudo-client > Distributed Apps.
- Right-click Distributed Apps, point to All Tasks, and then click Create New Instance.
The Create New Hadoop Instance dialog box appears.
- Enter the HDFS URI host and user details to connect to the Hadoop cluster:
- In the Instance Name box, type the instance name.
- In the HDFS URI box, type the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the Hadoop NameNode.
Important: If you select the default HDFS URI, the URI details are fetched from the core-site.xml file. The core-site.xml file is located under the hadoop_installation_directory/conf/ directory.
- Optional: In the HDFS User box, type the Hadoop user name if a non-root user account is used to manage the Hadoop cluster.
- In the Hadoop Native Library Path box, type or click Browse to specify the path to the Hadoop native library (libhdfs.so).
- In the JVM Library Path box, type or click Browse to specify the path to the JVM library (libjvm.so).
- On the Hadoop tab, specify the data access nodes to add to the instance:
- In the Master Node list, select one of the data access nodes as a master node for the instance.
- Under Data Access Nodes, select the data access nodes that you want to add to the instance, and then click Add.
- In the Number of Data Readers box, enter the number of data streams.
Tip: For optimal sharing of the backup load, the number of data readers must be greater than the number of data access nodes.
- On the Storage Device tab, select a storage policy from the Storage Policy list.
- Optional: To create a new storage policy, click Create Storage Policy, and then follow the instructions in the storage policy creation wizard.
- Optional: To perform LAN-free backups and restores, select a grid storage policy.
For more information, see GridStor® (Alternate Data Paths) - Overview.
- Click OK.
A new instance is created with the name that you specify. A default subclient is created for the new instance.