Backup - Medical Imaging
Once the Storage Policy is associated with the subclient, you can backup the default images, which are pre-defined as the subclient content as follows:
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | File System | Default Backup Set.
Right-click the default subclient in the right-pane and click Properties.
Click the Content tab and verify that the %Images% variable is defined.
The %Images% variable includes the following image types: *.3dm, *.3dmf, *.ai, *.bmp, *.drw, *.dxf, *.eps, *.gif, *.indd, *.jpeg, *.jpg, *.mng, *.pcd, *.pct, *.pcx, *.png, *.ps, *.psd, *.psp, *.qxd, *.qxp, *.svg, *.tif, *.tiff, *.vsd, *.vss.
Also, ensure that Only backup files that qualify for archiving is selected.
- Right-click the default subclient and click Backup.
- By default, a full backup is selected to run immediately.
- You can track the progress of the job from the Job Controller or Event Viewer window of the CommCell Console.
- Once the backup process is completed, files that meet the stubbing rules are backed up and are also stubbed.
- Stubs are placeholders of the original data after it has been migrated to the secondary storage.
- Stubs replace the backed up files in the location of the file.
- After stubbing, the size of the files on the disk reduces.
- Once the job is complete, you can view the job details from the Backup History.
Right-click the subclient and select Backup History.