Configuring Informix Coservers
When the Informix Data Agent is installed on all the coservers which have storage managers, note the following.
- If storage manager dbserver01 uses BAR_SM1 and storage manager dbserver02 uses BAR_SM2, do not reassign the BAR_SM for the dbservers.
Ensure that the Commvault library exists on each coserver node where you are performing onbar_worker processes.
- From the command line, navigate to $INFORMIXDIR/etc folder on each coserver.
- Open the ONCONFIG file and set the global parameters for Log Backup.
To set the LOG_BACKUP_MODE to MANUAL, use LOG_BACKUP_MODE MANUAL parameter.
You can provide one of the following values for this parameter:
# CONT - backup as soon as the file fills
# MANUAL - user must perform log backups
# NONE - don't backup logs and re-use them as soon as they fill.
Use of NONE is not recommended as data R_PROGRESS_FREQ will be lost if the IBM Informix-XPS server must be restored.
- Open the start_worker.sh file, and add these parameters before $INFORMIXDIR/bin/onbar_w and save the file to configure onbar_worker on each coserver.
CvInstanceName=Instance001 Commvault Instance Name Like Instance00x
CvClientName=dbserver01 #Informix Client Name, this name must be same with CommCell console client name CvPrimaryClientName=dbserve01
In Commvault, the entire database server (with all its coservers) is represented as a single Informix database instance running on one of the coservers. You can pick any one of the coservers when creating the Informix instance on the CommCell console. Environment information like INFORMIXDIR etc., for that coserver will be entered into the console. This coserver is identified as CvPrimaryClient and all the jobs in Commvault will be associated with this client.
export CvInstanceName CvClientName CvPrimaryClientName
- Set the following parameters to configure storage managers on all coservers:
# Storage Manager for Coserver1 (ex:dbserver01)
# Storage Manager for Coserver2 (ex:dbserver02)